Re: [location-iwg] Friends of LocationTech

Invite friends to a video "hang out" with a development team for some Q&A. This falls short of offering "free support" but is a good outreach effort, and the results of the hangout can be published after both as useful Q&A and also to promote the "Friends of LocationTech" program.

If you really wanted to push it you could offer alternate formats of documentation downloads.

Thinking of a build box set to produce PDFs (or EPUB) out of some of the Rich Structured Text tutorial content. Personally I only generate the PDFs when I run a training course; this solution would offer the same content as the website in different formats for a nice easy to understand win.

Faced with the value proposition of; donations over $15 provide access to PDF and EPUB format, $49/year for full "Friend of LocationTech" with conference discount etc…

(The lower price point is there to make the decision similar to purchase of an ebook).

--
Jody Garnett