[location-iwg] Incubation proposal duplicate contribution sections in template?

Craig from AmanziTech (CCed) kindly provided a review of the proposal and has called me out on the next "Initial Contribution" section being duplicated. This is actually duplicated in the template, so we will need to sort this one out on the email list.

Here is what we have going on.

<h2>Initial Contribution</h2>

<!--
Projects are expected to arrive at Eclipse with existing code.
Describe the existing code that will be contributed to the project. Please provide
a couple of paragraphs describing the code with modest detail, including important
information like code ownership (who holds the copyright?), and some consideration
of community that exists around the code. Include a listing of third-party libraries
and associated licenses.
 -->

Initial contribution made by the uDig Project Steering Committee. Code ownership is held
by Refractions Research under the direction of the uDig Project Steering Committee. Additional
"jgrass" plugins made available by HydroloGIS. This is an established development community with world wide representation, drawn from
a number of organisations.
And then a bit further (after contributors) there is another "optional" section where "initial contribution" is asked to be described.

<h2>Initial Contribution</h2>

<!--
Describe any initial contributions of code that will be brought to the
project. If there is no existing code, just remove this section.
 -->

<b>GIS Platform</b>: provides a local catalog of spatial services, with minimal Dublin Core details
supplemented with a spatial extent. Each listed item implements <b>IResolve</b> operating in a
similar fashion to <b>IAdaptable</b> with the additional expectation of both latency and IOErrors.
Implementations are provided to work with a range of spatial services from popular file formats,
through to spatial databases (such as PostGIS, DB2 and Oracle) and of Open Geospaital
Consortium web servies (Web Feature Server, Web Map Server).
<b>GIS Application</b> provides an EMF model for Project, Map and Layer with an implementation
of <b>MapViewer</b> to facilitate embedding a map component in RCP apps. This forms the core
of the example uDig application we make available to show case the SDK capabilities.
Additional contributions cover raster processing and analysis (ie JGrass), printing and integration.

Given the template description I chose to focus more on code ownership in the first case, and saved the technical details for after the contributors (when we are getting down to the nuts and bolts of application structure).

Any guidance on this one?

--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top