Re: [location-iwg] Minutes from today's LocationTech call

Dave,

That sounds interesting. Let's add it to next Month's agenda.

Andrew

On 07/26/2012 08:49 AM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
Hi Andrew,

We have a requirement over the next 1-2 years for a set of libraries to support client-side map rendering and routing in mobile/tablet devices. This would be capability that would have to run off-line on the devices.

Currently there are no open source packages that support all of this, and that have commercial-friendly licensing.

We're prepared to make some resource commitments to this initiative over the next couple of years, but need additional partners to be involved -- we're hoping we can find some friendly faces around the Eclipse table to move this forward.

Paul Spencer would be willing to provide a presentation outlining a vision for what these software packages might look like -- and perhaps we could have a discussion with other participants at the next meeting? Let us know if this would be of interest to the group.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave McIlhagga
dmcilhagga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx