Re: [location-iwg] Presentation follow up (Re: Minutes from today's LocationTech call)

Thanks Tyler! _javascript_ is a suprisingly powerful and expressive language. With speed improvements in browsers, and mobile devices getting better hardware and support for WebGL, we see Cesium becoming even more compelling than it already is.

The czml writer libraries would definitely help you convert the GML streams into czml. We also planned on creating a GML converter. Maybe this could be something we can work on together and contribute this back to the community. We don't handle RSS, but I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on using it.

Matt

From: tyler.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:41 -0700
To: location-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [location-iwg] Presentation follow up (Re: Minutes from today's LocationTech call)

Thanks Matthew and Amos for the presentations - got my interest up for sure.

Matthew - I got Cesium up and running today shortly after the call - not so bad even for a _javascript_ slacker like myself.  I guess next I need the czml writer to be able to convert my GML streams into czml, right?  Any chance you're already handling RSS?  Aside from Google Earth, the other desktop globe I know best is OssimPlanet - I'd be very interested in seeing how a tile cache or vector stream from that project (and others) could be "written" to czml... hmm..

Amos - when is going to be a good time to start checking out your platform?  You mentioned some improvements were being made to made it more broadly usable - I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but am interested in learning more too.

Thanks again, glad I made the call, even though my connection reset in the middle of my question!  That'll teach me for speaking...

Best wishes,
Tyler