[location-iwg] We need a name

Hi Everyone,

We need a name for our Location industry working group.

This relates to section 3.9 b ii in the Eclipse Foundation Bylaws in which board permission is required as follows:

Quoting:
"(b)
Unanimous Consent Required. For actions (i) amending the terms of the
Eclipse Public License (the “EPL”), and/or (ii) regarding the use of a contribution or distribution
license other than the EPL
(subject to the exceptions set forth in the Eclipse Foundation
Intellectual Property Policy (“IP Policy”) which cover contributions that may not be licensable
under the terms of the EPL), any such actions must be approved by all directors in Good
Standing represented at a Board meeting at which a quorum is present."

There is a precedent established by the Polarsys industry working group to distribute non-EPL source code using a forge/web site with a distinct name/brand logo/etc.

To that end, I'd like to poll the team for name suggestions to see what we can come up with?

Thank you,

Andrew

Back to the top