[linuxtools-dev] build target problem

Howdy,

We have some plugins that depend upon linuxtools (currently set to version 5.2 of linuxtools, from Neon.2).  So we include linuxtools in our target platform.   All works as desired/expected on developer workstations.

Now we are looking to run a tycho build for our plugins.   When we run the build, however, we get the following target platform resolution error:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve target definition:
[ERROR]   Problems resolving provisioning plan.:
[ERROR]      org.eclipse.linuxtools.oprofile.feature.feature.group 5.2.0.201612072123 cannot be installed in this environment because its filter is not applicable.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Failed to resolve target definition /home/travis/build/crops/eclipse-crops/releng/org.yocto.crops.target/crops.target: See log for details: org.eclipse.linuxtools.oprofile.feature.feature.group 5.2.0.201612072123 cannot be installed in this environment because its filter is not applicable. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

As you can see it's failing to resolve the linuxtools oprofile feature.   First, I don't understand this error message.  I've looked at the oprofile feature and associated plugins metadata and I don't see anything obvious that's wrong (filter not applicable).  The build environment and the dev environment are pretty much the same, fwiw (linux,x64,gtk).

Any ideas what's going wrong here and how to fix?   I've tried putting <filters> in the tycho-target-configuration, but that doesn't seem to work (which is somewhat puzzeling to me).  Also, we happen to be using tycho 0.26.0.

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

Back to the top