Re: [linuxtools-dev] Info about the Docker Tools dev team

> Hello,
>
> Quick question, is someone from the Docker tools team physically located in
> the Toronto, Canada area? We are talking about the possibility to use this
> tools for our work here but we want to clarify some questions first, so is
> there a chance to have a face-to-face chat to discuss the plans you guys
> have for this tools?

Jeff, and I are both working from Toronto so it's a possibility. We could
also have some video conference to get Xavier in as well. If there's some
specific features you'd like to see, you could file a bug [1] for this as
we're always looking to improve the tooling.

In terms of future plans, I think Docker Machine support is coming up, a
better Dockerfile editor than the plain textbox (from building the image),
better support for multiple registries (integrated into Eclipse Preferences),
and maybe using Terminal.tm instead of the Eclipse console when a container
is meant to act as a shell.

Also, integrating the tooling with other Eclipse language environments seems
interesting. Jeff wrote a plugin that allows one to launch/debug a C/C++
project in a container. This ships as part of the CDT, and such integration
might be nice to do for even the JDT.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&classification=Tools&component=Docker&list_id=12622600&product=Linux%20Tools&query_format=advanced

Back to the top