Re: [linuxtools-dev] Eclipse versions supported by Docker tooling

> I'm trying the Docker tools included in Eclipse Mars (btw looks great), but
> I'm getting some errors when I try to install them in Luna using this update
> site http://download.eclipse.org/linuxtools/updates-docker-nightly/
> so the question is, which Eclipse versions are currently supported?

Off the top of my head, there is a possibility we do not support Eclipse Luna.
We probably depend on Platform bundles with a minimum version of whatever is
shipped in the Mars release. However I don't think we actually use Mars
specific functionality, so the version listed is higher than it should be.

I think the easy workaround is to use Eclipse Mars, but if bumping down one of
our dependencies to allow Luna will work, we could consider it. We should be
encouraging the user of newer Eclipse versions though as supporting across
multiple versions of Eclipse would get very complicated.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top