Re: [linuxtools-dev] Builds faiing (Docker)

> Hi,
>
> The CDT builds are failing since yesterday. And if someone refreshes their
> target file in their Eclipse, it will also fail.
>
> It is due to a missing dependency to some org.bouncycastle package (see error
> below) that is needed by the Docker plugins of Linux Tools.
>
> From what I can see, Linux Tools finds those dependencies from Orbit in a
> very recent drop
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20150519210750/
>
> However, CDT uses the Luna SR1 orbit build:
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20140525021250/
>
> This was not a problem because Linux Tools repackages the necessary
> dependencies in their own build, which CDT depends on for Docker.
> For some reason, a (new?) dependency is missing and not repackaged by Linux
> Tools (org.bouncycastle). I don't know why this started happening now...
>
> What should we do? Should CDT use the recent orbit drop and eventually start
> using the Mars one, when it is available? Or should Linux Tools provide the
> missing dependencies in their nightly build?
>
> Thanks
>
> The error is:
>
> [INFO] Adding repository
> http://download.eclipse.org/linuxtools/updates-docker-nightly
> [ERROR] Cannot resolve target definition:
> [ERROR] Software being installed:
> org.eclipse.linuxtools.docker.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201505252214
> [ERROR] Missing requirement: com.spotify.docker.client 2.7.18.v201505131810
> requires 'package org.bouncycastle.asn1.pkcs 1.51.0' but it could not be
> found
> [ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.linuxtools.docker.core
> 1.0.0.201505252214 depends on: bundle com.spotify.docker.client 2.7.18
> [ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency:
> org.eclipse.linuxtools.docker.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201505252214
> depends on: org.eclipse.linuxtools.docker.core [1.0.0.201505252214]

Hi Mark, yes, Linux Tools will provide the necessary bouncycastle packages.
There is no need to update the Orbit build (if you'd like to avoid that).

Initially when I contributed bouncycastle (bcprov, bcpkix) to orbit, I used
the Bundle-SymbolicName as defined upstream (due to some other issues
related to signing).

Our category.xml referenced those names :
http://git.eclipse.org/c/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.linuxtools.docker-site/category.xml#n62

Afterwards I changed the names to org.bouncycastle.{bcprov,bcpkix} when the
Orbit-related issues were resolved . It looks like I never updated the
category, and the repository publishing silently ignored the non-existent
names. I'll update this, and push to our nightly builds.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top