Re: [linuxtools-dev] stable-3.0 branch created

By any chance did you try pushing directly to the branch?  You need
to push to a gerrit remote which specifies that branch as the target:

[remote "review-3.0"]
        url = ssh://jjohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git
        push = HEAD:refs/for/stable-3.0
        pushurl = ssh://jjohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git