Re: [linuxtools-dev] Reduce unit test execution time

Hi Francis,

If you are running core tests, in your Debug/Run Configuration, in the Main tab, you can use Run an application: [No Application] instead of using the eclipse.sdk product and untick "Run in UI thread" in the Test tab. You can disable some plugins in the Plug-ins tab. I usually start by deselecting all, unticking Include optional dependencies and Add new workspace plugins, selecting my test plugin then Add required plugins. For a non-ui test that should be enough. For UI tests, since you need the workbench, you need to select org.eclipse.platform and org.eclipse.equinox.event. I also add org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator because otherwise, it can load fragments from wrong architectures for some reason (CDT). Don't forget to click Add required plugins again if you add more stuff.

For non-UI tests, it usually takes 1-2 secs to load for me and I don't have a SSD and I have an i5.

Hope this helps,
Marc-Andre