[linuxtools-dev] Reduce unit test execution time

I'm a fan of test driven development, and to be productive and engaging, the feedback of running one unit test should be quick (let's say, under a second). However, running a blank plug-in unit test function takes about 15 seconds on my machine (recent i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, SSD drive). Is there some tricks to speedup the thing? Would it be possible to run unit tests without the whole platform, or spawn only the required bundles? I'm mainly interested in TMF.

Thanks,

Francis

Back to the top