[linuxtools-dev] gcov results aggregation

Hello,

I've been playing with unit testing (using Google test) and gcov lately.
Like many others I have a little routine that uses ifdef macros to compile in different features some of which are mutually exclusive. This means that for the unit tests I have several object directories, one for each combination of features that I think are important to test together. Though since it's all the same program I felt the need to find a way to aggregate the unit test results into one continuous output stream from all these different binaries (generated from the same source file) that I'm running. So I wrote a little script to pass the results up to the eclipse unit test plugin and that all works just fine.

Now I want to do something simular for checking the code coverage of all my unit tests. I suppose the usual way would be to run one unit test at a time and look at the coverage output, but as above, I would like eclipse to aggregate it all together to save me time, and the possibility of accidentally missing something. If the profile feature accually used the gcov binary output then I could merge all of the execution counts from the resulting .gcov file together for the same source file, which is what I would like. However it seems (as I've read elsewhere) that gcov is not called and you parse the .gcno and .gcda files yourselves.

So I'm wondering what the conventional best practice is here, or if there is a provision for test data aggregation in eclipse.

    Thanks for any thoughts,
    Clif

Back to the top