[linuxtools-dev] TMF: Analysis requirement API

Hi everyone,

Mathieu Rail and I, Guilliano Molaire, are working on the TMF part of linuxtools. Our main goal is to provide an API for the analysis modules that will permit queries of their requirements.

A requirement is basically a string container of his type (e.g. "event_name") and all the values associated with it (e.g. "sched_switch"). Other properties will be added. For instance, a requirement(or value perhaps) could be mandatory or facultative.

This API will be used later to provide a way to obtain everything needed to start a trace on which the analysis can be executed. In the LTTng case, we could generate a profile with the requirements in order to load it via the target machine.

You can follow our progress on github (branch analysis_requirement):
https://github.com/MathieuRail/org.eclipse.linuxtools

We are open to your feedback.

Thanks,
Guilliano and Mathieu