[linuxtools-dev] TMF: Bookmarks, Experiments and Traces

Hi,

I've some question about the way bookmarks are managed in TMF.

When playing with an experiment, a special resource is created to store bookmarks (TmfExperimentElement.createBookmarksFile()).
And the same with a single trace (TmfTraceElement.createBookmarksFile()).

However:
1) TmfExperiment has an API to retrieve bookmark (TmfExperiment.getBookmarksFile()) but not ITmfTrace.
Is it intentional ?
What about having #getBookmarksFile() API at ITmfTrace interface level ?

2) Moreover, when a user creates bookmarks on a experiment, they are not retrieved when opening a single trace of this experiment (and vice-versa).
I already had some questions from users on this topic.
Do you think we can improve this behaviour ?

Xavier

Back to the top