[linuxtools-dev] oprofile plug-in does not work for non-default unit masks

Hi, again,
I'm seeing a problem involving unit masks on a RHEL 6.4/Sandybridge, using the OProfile plug-in on Kepler (version of the OProfile Core Plug-in is 2.0.0.201309171939).  With 'operf' selected as the profiling tool in the Profiling Tools Configuration, any attempt to select anything but the default unit mask (which is always the first in the list) doesn't work.  The dialog allows me to check a box for a non-default unit mask and click the "Apply" and "Profile" buttons, but the resulting profile data is still for the default unit mask (which can be seen by manually running 'opreport' in the project directory where the oprofile_data session dir resides).  I'm not sure if this is the same root cause, but you can see what appears to be the same issue even without profiling by doing the following:
  1. Go into Profiling Tools Configuration, select something other than the first unit mask for some event.
  2. Press "Apply" and "Close".
  3. Now go back again to look at the Profile Configuration, click on the event you had configured previously, and you'll see the first unit mask is checked -- i.e., you've lost the unit mask selection you made previously.

Additionally, after you've done step 3 above, you can't always successfully select some other unit masks (i.e., you can check the box, but then the "Apply" button is grey'ed out). I haven't exactly figured out the pattern, but if you select the last unit mask, hit "Apply" and "Close", then go back to Profile Configurations (and the unit mask selected will now be the first one), attempting to re-select the last unit mask won't be possible because the "Apply" button gets grey'ed out.

Thanks in advance for your support.

-Maynard

Back to the top