[linuxtools-dev] Linux Tools 3.0 and build system

Hi everyone,
I'm going to push bump to 3.0.0 version to our build system. I have few other things I think would ease releng and general acceptance of our plugins:
* let features inherit their version from the main pom - this way features will have the release version always as tycho will enforce feature.xml and pom.xml having same version. I think of features as pure End user thing so we would better have consistent versioning there.
* let doc plugins inherit their version from the main pom - same reasoning as for the features
* bump all plugins that are part of our update site to be at least version 1.0.0
* should we update test plugins to inherit version too? I'm 50/50 on this one but we would better have versions bumped in test bundles if we would like them to be used for testing outside of the build system on already installed systems.

This is provoked by tycho-versions plugin touching more than it should and reducing different versions would make it simpler or at least less things to review on bumping version and noticing that in general versions of non-code artifacts are just left at arbitrary state.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Back to the top