De: "Geneviève Bastien" <gbastien@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
À: "Linux Tools developer discussions" <linuxtools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Vendredi 18 Octobre 2013 20:30:31
Objet: [linuxtools-dev] Experimental ready-to-use TMF

Hi all,

Here at École Polytechnique, many people are working on new features for the Eclipse viewer (TMF): some are prototypes, some are under review for inclusion in coming releases.  I'm keeping a branch of all the students' work until they are accepted into TMF.  It is experimental, the code is not necessarily "clean", it may eat up all your java memory, it may throw exceptions, but it is there to test.

Git branch: http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~gbastien?p=linuxtools-tmf.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/luna_dorsal

And thanks to the TMF team's effort to bring TMF to the still nameless non-Eclipse Rich Client Platform (aka traceviewer), these features we're working on are now one archive away from your mouse pointer.  Just download the archive for your system, extract it, cd to the traceviewer directory, execute traceViewer and voilà!

Ready-to-use archives: http://secretaire.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~gbastien/TracingRCP/

See the readme for documentation on available features, how to use them and how to get examples

As of now, the new analysis are:

1- Lttng kernel trace execution graph and critical path computation
2- Xml-defined state systems and views
3- Virtual Machines experiments

Feedback are welcome and enjoy!

Geneviève Bastien