Re: [linuxtools-dev] Remote services plugins now available

Thanks Greg,

We'll take a look at these.

-- Jeff J.

On 09/20/2013 11:40 AM, Greg Watson wrote:
At the CDT summit at the last EclipseCon we discussed separating the remote services support out of PTP into a separate project (or even platform). The initial phase of this is now complete, and the plugins are available from  git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.remote.git. There is also a build of the repo at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/remote/luna/nightly.

While these are still hosted by PTP, there are no PTP dependencies in any of the plugins. Eventually these will be moved to a separate project (or into platform).

The plugins provide an implementation of remote services that sits directly on JSch, so only platform dependencies are required. I consider this an alpha release, but I'm happy to help identify and address problems discovered by early adopters.

I would like to encourage people interested in remote enabling their tools to take a look at these and hopefully start using them for the Luna release.

Regards,
Greg