[linuxtools-dev] Linux Tools Gerrit/Hudson integration

Hi everyone,
I've just changed our Hudson job that takes care of the gerrit verifications to also run tests - this is all possible due to the move to project specific Hudson instance.
Builds without tests take less than 5 mins and with tests enabled just under 30min. Considering that the previous job without tests was taking 20+ minutes I think it's worth to wait for few more minutes but to know that your patch haven't broken any test.
P.S. There are some unstable tests that might kick in and fail verification for some unrelated patches but we would better fix them instead of pretending everything is ok.
P.S. 2. Running tests makes it more important to pay attention to small things in tests as I would rather not disable tests again because the job started to take 1 hour or more. Please keep your tests on the purpose and speeedy.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team

Back to the top