Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF: proposal

Hi Xavier,

On 13-09-04 04:46 AM, Xavier Raynaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I develop on top of TMF to display traces coming from a massively
> parallel device (16x16 cores for compute + 4x4 cores for IOs + 16
> cores for control).
> TMF is excellent for this usage - Many thanks guys, it's a real
> pleasure to develop on top of this platform !

Glad to hear this!
I personally find it still a bit of a pain, but it's always getting
better :)

> I had some feedback from my users about the timechart viewer.
> The timechart viewer may contain a lot of lines. Therefore, they want
> to be able to cut/copy/paste/drag'n'drop and rename the lines of the
> timechart.
>
> It's possible to do that with TMF (I've already done it). However, I
> think it can be nice to have this feature directly implemented in TMF.
> What's your opinion that ?

Interesting idea! I think drag-and-drop to reorder the lines would be
very useful. Another missing feature I'm remembering is the possibility
to sort the entries by clicking on the columns. Both of these should be
<famous last words>relatively easy to implement</famous last words>.

For renaming I'm a bit less sure. What would be your use case? In our
case, the data in the entries is taken directly from the trace, so it's
already the "true" values. If the user was to modify it, how would they
restore the initial value?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Back to the top