From: linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aleksandar Kurtakov
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 1:29 PM
To: Linux Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [linuxtools-dev] SystemTapGUI vs org.eclipse.linuxtools.systemtap?

----- Original Message -----

So historically there have been 2 systemtap plugins - the one in linuxtools (focused on editing) and the one in sourceforge (focused on running/graphing). The sourceforge one was contributed to Eclipse Linux Tools project in 2009 and since then this is the merged effort. For the Linux Tools 2.0 there have been many improvements in the systemtap plugin in Linux Tools especially towards ease of use and stability. So if you evaluate Linux Tools please try http://download.eclipse.org/linuxtools/updates-nightly as the changes are many and please share with any shortcomings you find.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team