Re: [linuxtools-dev] [TMF] New Features in TMF about filters expressions

> So first, could you differentiate string from identifiers? Is RUNNING a value or a variable?
>  I'm asking because if it's ambiguous.

If you dont have relative paths, or a special syntax for relative paths, RUNNING would be a value.

> Can we have "/jazz/blues/artist == ${/artist}" ?

Humm, why not.

> /processes/*/name.contains("Doom")

You would need special syntax here to introduce macros/functions.

> As for speed, the state system is made to be queried not so often, some regex stuff may add
> more features while not killing performance as much as you would think.

The assumption is that you are doing the samething that would be done in the Java state provider. The same concern applies to queries whether they are performed from that syntax or in Java.

Back to the top