Re: [linuxtools-dev] SystemTap plugin

Just to let you know, the workbench advisor concept does still work in Eclipse 4. Some of the methods on WorkbenchWindowAdvisor have been superceded by other mechanisms and are marked deprecated, but unless deprecated and documented, it should be working. Of course you might still want to get rid of it if you're not using it...

John

From:        Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Linux Tools developer discussions <linuxtools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        01/21/2013 10:00 AM
Subject:        [linuxtools-dev] SystemTap plugin
Sent by:        linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,
SystemTap plugin has a bunch of code that does "recent files management", workbench advisoring (views, sizes, etc.). Is this code relevant? Does someone care about it? Ever tested it ? I'm not even sure that the workbench advisor works considering the Eclipse 4 changes.
If noone cares I propose removing it altogether.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team