Re: [linuxtools-dev] lttng getting started : Sample "Custom Text Parser" config & files ?

Hi Martin,

If you're creating a text parser, you can paste your input text (or just a few sample lines) in the "Preview input" text box.
Then you will see if your lines are parsed properly (you want your important text to be green -- see the preview legend).
Make sure you create 'groups' under each regular _expression_ to capture the data and specify which field it corresponds to.
When you press "Next" you should see a preview table of how the trace would look like with this parser and this preview text.

And yes you can export, import and share the parsers, but you first have to find the well-hidden "Manage Custom Parsers" dialog:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/LTTng2/User_Guide#Managing_custom_parsers

Patrick