Re: [linuxtools-dev] [Hudson] Hudson build is unstable: linuxtools-master #1136

The failures we were seeing (first in LTTng, and then in Changelog) were
due to the maven-javadoc-plugin. According to the docs, this plugin
depends on resolution of dependencies during the "compile" scope.

However, the plugin generates javadocs for a module in parallel (you
can probably see the various "Forking project Foo" in the logs). Since
we were calling the javadoc generation very early on, I think this was
causing the javadoc generation for certain modules to be called before
their compile-time dependencies could be resolved.

The solution was to simply change the ordering of goals from
'clean javadoc:aggregate install' to 'clean install javadoc:aggregate'.

The problem with doing this is that javadoc:aggregate goal seems to
clean out the target folder for the releng module (This is where
the p2 repo/jars are stored and are only transferred out at the end
of the build).

One easy fix would be to copy over what we need out of the target
folder in releng so that it doesn't get wiped out. I'll push something
to gerrit for review.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg