[linuxtools-dev] Release procedures and dates

Hi everyone,
In order to prevent the misunderstandings we have about release dates and put less stress on the already boring and ugly work of release engineer (the person in charge for driving the given release) I have come with initial proposal how this can be handled. See for details http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/Releng#ASAP_when_a_release_date_is_known . Release date doesn't mean one can push new changes till the previous day it means the day we have the build stabilized and tested and making the bits generally available. As such we need to formalize the procedure and give more power to the person in charge.
Any comment is more than welcome.

Regards,
Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team