Re: [linuxtools-dev] LTTng target definition

Le 2012-06-14 16:36, Francois Chouinard a écrit :
Hi Francis,

I'm a bit confused by your finding.

I know 'Works for me' is hardly an answer but:
I run the LTTng plug-ins locally on Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2, no problem
- All the feature.xml in the project require org.eclipse.core.runtime >= v3.7.0
e.g.  <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime" version="3.7.0" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
- Patrick just tried installing from the nightly update site on a fresh Indigo SP2 (3.7.2) and it worked OK (admittedly on Windows :-))

By any chance, would you have an earlier version of the source code (like v0.6) in your workspace that could interfere with the update? If so, would you mind rebasing from either 'master' or 'stable-1.0'?

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm using the latest git master of linuxtools, but I think it's not related. I don't try to install or run the plug-in, only to add them to the target definition to resolve jar dependencies. The error occurs in the target definition. Here is a screen shot:

http://secretaire.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~fgiraldeau/error-target-definition.png

This error can be reproduced by selecting Window -> Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform, select "Running Platform" and Edit. Then, in the Locations tab, click Add... select Software Site as source of plug-ins, then inter the p2 URL for nightly build of linuxtools:

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-nightly

Then select "LTTng - Linux Tracing Toolkit" and click Finish. I tried other features from linuxtools and the same problem occurs. I tried other p2 repository and it works.

Weird?

Francis Giraldeau