Re: [linuxtools-dev] Fwd: [tcf-dev] TCF 1.0 and Juno M7

Hi Matin,

We haven't outdone TCF yet :-)

The reality is that streaming won't be available in LTTng before v2.1 later this year so RSE+SSH solution was deemed sufficient for the tracer control. It also didn't require an extra component (the agent) to be deployed on the target (remote). Trace data is simply transferred to the host over the SSH connection (using scp I believe but I would have to dig in the code a bit to confirm).

As for the upcoming streaming, my understanding is that the tracer guys haven't settled yet on how to implement it but are considering having an internal component (the consumer daemon) piping the live data through a separate socket (using SSH-like encryption). It definitely sounds reasonable. We'll tackle this one when we get there.

Regards,
/fc