Re: [linuxtools-dev] cachegrind

> Just a head's up: Oprofile plug-in has such as "save & compare"
> feature
> implemented. It is really useful to compare runs when you have just
> changed source code.
>
> For Oprofile feature, you may take a look at
> http://linorg.usp.br/eclipse/technology/linuxtools/videos/eclipse-oprofile-demo.ogg
> demo video (see 1:36'' and then 2:45'').

This is a short demo of some session comparison functionality I had
implemented some time ago. I plan on bringing this to Perf first.

http://rgrunber.fedorapeople.org/eclipse-oprofile-session-compare.ogg

Overall, I think most profiling tools tend to have some format for
saving data (whether that's XML, or just some tabular format). To me
letting a user store these sessions for comparing between them seems
like a natural progression.

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top