Re: [linuxtools-dev] cachegrind

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 11:14 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Daniel HB <danielhb@xxxxxxxxxx> [2012-04-24 11:06]:

> > > I agree it's very useful and would love to see us support it.  It just
> > > wasn't part of the original workflows of a lot of the plugins we have.
> >
> > A good start would be, for example, not wiping out previous profiling
> > results from the view. We can "store" the last N results for the same
> > profiling.
>
> Yes, this is good.

I just want to make internet justice and mention that this is Wainer
Moschetta's idea. We were discussing this thread on IBM IRC and he came
up with this argument of comparing previous profiling results. I forgot
to mention that in that email :)

> > For opening any random profile maybe we can create a new perspective
> > called "Profile Viewer", which won't consider any project or workspace
> > setting, where you have the freedom to open up any profile data file
> > from the file system just for view.
>
> I would rather see the same view used and just have some sort of session
> markings showing which data is driving the current visualization.

That can work too if we manage to make it very clear that the profile
view being displayed is not related at all with the current working C/C
++ project.