Re: [linuxtools-dev] cachegrind

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:45 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > >I've been asked multiple times about post-mortem support for the
> > >LinuxTools.
> >
> > I personaly think that it's useful in all cases.
>
> I agree it's very useful and would love to see us support it.  It just
> wasn't part of the original workflows of a lot of the plugins we have.

A good start would be, for example, not wiping out previous profiling
results from the view. We can "store" the last N results for the same
profiling. That makes sense when you're trying to see improvements on
the code. This, of course, considering that you're running the profile
from a valid C/C++ project inside CDT.

For opening any random profile maybe we can create a new perspective
called "Profile Viewer", which won't consider any project or workspace
setting, where you have the freedom to open up any profile data file
from the file system just for view.

This would be, in my opinion, a clean way to have the feature without
opening unrelated profiling results inside the C/C++ view.