Re: [linuxtools-dev] Proposal: Update to Git branching policy

* Severin Gehwolf <sgehwolf@xxxxxxxxxx> [2011-11-16 09:34]:
> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 09:29 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Severin Gehwolf <sgehwolf@xxxxxxxxxx> [2011-11-09 10:13]:
> > >      2. Name-space maintenance branches with prefix "released/"
>
> [...]
>
> > My only concern is the difference between features and tags for
> > releases.  Will people be confused by released/{stable-,}0.9 being
> > the maintenance branch for 0.9 micro releases?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "difference between features and tags
> for releases".

I meant that "released/" would seem to people that it's only for tags or
the branches that led to those tags and not for living maintenance
branches.

> "stable-x" are staging branches after a feature-freeze date, then a
> release happens and a maintenance branch gets created.

For releases like 0.9.1 I'd like to continue using the stable-0.9
branch.  Would it be better if we used something else?

Thanks,

Andrew

Back to the top