Re: [linuxtools-dev] Proposal: Update to Git branching policy

>      1. Branch "master" remains the main development tree.
>      2. Name-space maintenance branches with prefix "released/"
>      3. Name-space shared feature branches with prefix "features/"

> The benefits of this would be to encourage collaboration on
> experimental
> features and make their development more visible to the public.
> What do you think?

I like the idea in terms of clearly defining what are experimental
features. It might also encourage more usage of branches as opposed
to keeping branches local and merging later. Would there be any downsides
to having a longer branch "path" ? Eg. for a Valgrind specific feature,
the branch would be features/valgrind/my-feature.

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top