[linuxtools-dev] Remote Valgrind

Hi,

there has been a lot of interest on using Linux Tools towards a
remote target.  I haven't followed the discussions in all their
details so I'm not sure if the following has been mentioned before.

It was brought to my attention that the very recent release of
Valgrind has some remote support through GDB.  I thought this
may be of interest to the people involved.  Maybe re-using CDT's
GDB integration could be an easy solution to control Valgrind.

Valgrind 3.7.0 Released (5 November 2011)

http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/dist.news.html

Some changes..:
====
* GDB server: Valgrind now has an embedded GDB server.  That means it
  is possible to control a Valgrind run from GDB, doing all the usual
  things that GDB can do (single stepping, breakpoints, examining
  data, etc).  Tool-specific functionality is also available.  For
  example, it is possible to query the definedness state of variables
  or memory from within GDB when running Memcheck; arbitrarily large
  memory watchpoints are supported, etc.  To use the GDB server, start
  Valgrind with the flag --vgdb-error=0 and follow the on-screen
  instructions.
====

Marc

Back to the top