Re: [linuxtools-dev] PTP/RDT and remote linuxtools

I personally didn't realize there was a Fedora package for eclipse-ptp. It is not in RHEL though. From our perspective, we would have to add something to RHEL (since Autotools is currently in RHEL). That involves QA work for a new package and we have to sign up for multiple years of service which may be a sticking point on using it directly in the near term.

The current Fedora Autotools plug-in is shipped with eclipse-cdt so this would introduce a circular dependency that would need to be dealt with by splitting out Autotools and Libhover.

Right now, I would like to finish my prototype work in my private branch as I am close to complete. The fact that you mention that the PTP base plug-in is just the local implementation plus APIs and won't drag in the world is certainly intriguing so I will create another git branch and do the same changes via direct PTP calls.

There is nothing etched in stone here. For example, our remote strategy started with TCF agent and we migrated to use RSE instead. So, even if we don't directly access/require PTP now, we certainly could do so in the future.

-- Jeff J.