Re: [linuxtools-dev] Problems with eclipse-build-5791c48513b4207ab1eec1e00bed4b2186f9aad5.tar.xz

On 07/22/11 15:27, Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi Thomas,

* Thomas Gellekum<Thomas.Gellekum@xxxxxx>  [2011-07-22 06:12]:
1. The "label" property should be "3.7.0", or the
eclipse-3.7.0-src.tar.bz2 needs to be redone to include the buildId.

Can you try a tarball from here:

   http://git.eclipse.org/c/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.eclipse-build.git/commit/?id=b880d718e451d254f344d2290dcd58ff2b0f3f23

?  Please let me know if the label is now correct.

Yup, that looks ok.

2. The "provision.sdk" target needs to install the
org.eclipse.equinox.initializer plugin, or the "install" step will
fail.

Chris Aniszczyk did this work because there were issues with the
behaviour of stuff in dropins if this was installed.  Have you looked at
how it's done in Fedora to see how it works there?

   http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=eclipse.git

This is what Alexander described. Works fine for me, on both FreeBSD and Fedora.

I have patches for these, prepared by hand, but I guess you'll want
them generated from git?

Yes, that would be awesome!  Please open a bug [1] and either attach
patches or point to a SHA-1 in a public git repo somewhere that you want
us to pull.  We'd greatly appreciate the contributions!

It seems that the current bugs I've run into are already taken care of. But I certainly intend to make our lives easier in the future and forward some of the generic changes we've made to support FreeBSD.

tg

Back to the top