[linuxtools-dev] man page plugin ignores MANPATH environment variable

Hi all,

I use shelled with Eclipse, after passing mouse over some command, hover help is displayed to me. I develop some scripts for FreeBSD and as you can imagine, man pages of Freebsd are different from these in Linux. So I grabbed man pages from Freebsd and I put them to /usr/share/man/freebsd.  I've just thought it would be sufficient to set environment variable MANPATH=/usr/share/man/freebsd but eclipse just ignore that and it still shows original man pages. I have to copy original linux man pages to /usr/share/man/linux, freebsd man pages copy over linux ones and export environment variable to MANPATH=/usr/share/man/linux in ~/.bashrc. Now, freebsd man pages are displayed in Eclipse, but it is possible to get it done by first case somehow? I looked at sources briefly, found execution of that man command, but it seems it just ignore that environment path. How to hack it?

Thank you.

Eclipse 3.6 Helios
Ubuntu 11.04
shelled 2.0.0.201007201532-1
man page viewer (incubation) 0.0.1.201106111210

Back to the top