Re: [linuxtools-dev] Generation of Help html files from the Linux Tools wiki

On 06/16/2011 06:19 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> However, as I understand it, the "how to update these pages" information
>> seems to imply that the files are generated from the wiki somewhow.  Is
>> this really true, or is it only a plan to do this at some point?
>
> The pages are generated with Mylyn's WikiText tools.  There is a file
> like build-helper.xml in the .doc plugins that calls the WikiText ant
> tasks to generate the HTML files.  We store a snapshot of the HTML in
> git so that we do not rely on the wiki being up or the content being
> sanitized at all times.
>
> If there are issues with the generated HTML, bugs should be filed with
> Mylyn WikiText:

OK.  I don't know whether it is a bug with WikiText or someone mucked
with it afterward (I suspect the latter).

>   https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mylyn%20Docs&component=Wikitext
>
>> Another related question, would you be interested in a patch that makes
>> these doc changes?
>
> Patches are always welcome :)

OK, but it sounds like the next time you run the
WikiText/build-helper.xml it will overwrite any of the changes I've
made, won't it?

- Corey

Back to the top