[linuxtools-dev] Wiki pages and image names

It appears that Eclipse.org (and Fedora) wiki-pages upper-case the first character of image names being uploaded (as recently discovered by Minoo). The wiki page seems to be smart enough to find an image referred to with different case, however, there is an issue with media-wiki.

What was happening for me was that the wiki page was referring to:

[[Image:anImage.png]]

while the image itself was stored as: AnImage.png

The wiki-page worked fine, but meda-wiki-to-eclipse-help used in our doc plugins did what it was asked to do and downloaded the image in question and generated html based on what was in the original wiki-page.

This resulted in a mismatch for the generated docs for the newly formed gprof/gcov doc plugins which I fixed by hand. I have since fixed the wiki pages and now the generated docs don't need manual-fixing other than the non-wiki extension we use at the top of all our wiki-pages.

Just thought I would mention this for others to take note if they experience the same issue and to prevent it in the future.

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top