[linuxtools-dev] LTTng Trace Control (Eclipse LinuxTools)?

Does this work or not?  The LinuxTools-LTTng "home page" (http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/lttng/) lists "Control View - Tracer control (local or remote)" as "LTTng perspective" "Future Plans", while over half of the LinuxTools Project LTTng User Guide (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/LTTng/User_Guide#LTTng_Trace_Control) is devoted to LTTng Trace Control.  The two pages are not contradictory if one assumes the "Future Plans" concern moving or copying LTTng Trace Control from the Remote Systems Explorer perspective to the LTTng perspective (this should be clarified if so).

Be that as it may, I'm unable to reproduce the manual's instructions: at the "Create a Remote Connection" step, I do not have the LTTng connection type option.  The org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng and org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf projects have been imported into Eclipse and show as compilable/compiled, the liblttvtraceread libraries have been installed (liblttngtrace.git from git.dorsal.polymtl.ca), and tm.tcf revision 1660 has been installed (from http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/dsdp/org.eclipse.tm.tcf/trunk/).  I know LTTng control over TM.TCF works, as I can launch tcf-agent and tcf-client, connect to localhost and proceed to generate a trace (the only problem encountered there is that the writeTraceNetwork facility does not work, an issue I've raised elsewhere), trace which is readable using the Eclipse LinuxTools LTTng perspective or using LTTV.

What do I need to do to get LTTng Trace Control to work under Eclipse LinuxTools?

I am running Eclipse 3.6.1 over Ubuntu 10.10 64-bits.

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Système de systèmes (SdS) / System of Systems (SoS)
Solutions informatiques et expérimentations (SIE) / Computing Solutions and Experimentations (CSE)
2459 Boul. Pie XI Nord
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538

NAC: 918V QSDJ
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

Back to the top