Re: [linuxtools-dev] Question about issue with loading an LTTng trace

Hello again everyone,

Well, thanks to Matthew for helping me out with examples and binaries and such in my quest to figure this out.  As it turns out, the problem is some very hairy issue with library binaries that appears to occur depending on sequencing of installing vmware tools on a Linux guest OS.  i.e. in this particular VM, I installed VMware tools (which among other things has a paravirtualized net and graphics driver) and then AFTER that I installed the lttng patched kernel.  I have no idea why this has anything to do with the trace reading library, but I rebuilt a VM from scratch without the VMware tools installed and did the right install sequence and it works just fine.  I will say something if I figure it out...

Thanks,
Aaron