[linuxtools-dev] Helios has outdated LTP update site

Hi,
One of my coworkers tried installing the oprofile plugin from LTP, but after some head-scratching, we found that what got installed was not the most current version.  Turns out he used the helios update site which, apparently, has older versions of LTP plugins as compared to what's at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update.  This may be as expected, but it's a bit confusing to those who are first trying out the tools.  In the case at hand, my coworker is quite familiar with Eclipse.  He had heard some of us discussing LTP, so he just decided to install it.  He didn't consider that there may be more recent versions than what he saw via helios.  Is there a way to have the main eclipse install site pick up the latest LTP versions?  Or is there some reason that's not recommended?

Thanks.
-Maynard

Back to the top