[linuxtools-dev] Move to Tycho?

Hi,

How do people feel about us moving from the PDE Build-based Athena
builder we currently use to Maven Tycho?

I'm in favour of this move for a few reasons:

1) Athena is really maintained much anymore
2) The number of Eclipse projects using Tycho is growing and we'll be
   able to piggy-back on that knowledge and build-up of common tools and
   techniques
3) I've been struggling trying to get our Hudson jobs to work with git
   and am having a hard time
4) Local Athena builds have never really worked too well and this will
   allow for others to replicate our Hudson builds on their local boxes

There are drawbacks, of course.  We'll have a learning curve with new
build technology and there is an initial hit of downloads when building.

Note that this potential move won't preclude using PDE Build nor will it
affect how things are built and run when developing with Eclipse.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Andrew

Back to the top