Re: [linuxtools-dev] Any plan to update oprofile plugin to use builtin XML support?

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 11:21 -0600, Maynard Johnson wrote:
> It seems to me that the above problems could be eliminated by updating the
> plugin to use oprofile's native XML output for sample data and event listings.
> Are there any plans for such an update?

I haven't looked into the matter recently, but I know that within trunk
(or at least on a branch) there were a set of changes to remove the
native opxml component from the Eclipse Oprofile plugin. The fix
basically involved replacing the opxml binary with uses of ophelp,
opreport, and addr2line.

I'm not sure if this has been included in a release though, as it may
have needed some additional work, but there are plans to use the
oprofile xml support.

--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top