[linuxtools-dev] Move to git ... let's vote

Hi!

Happy new year, everyone.  If you recently had some holidays, I hope
they were nice.

I know we discussed this before but I'd like to once again bring up the
topic of moving to git.  I've been using git on the command line myself
and really liking it.  I was speaking with Severin the other day and he
said that he thinks EGit is ready for everyday use, especially for those
that are used to centralized version control systems like SVN.  If we
move to git we can also get the benefits of Gerrit code review [1] but
we can discuss that separately.  For now let's just decide on SVN->git.

Let's discuss it here and vote with a simple +1, 0, or -1.  The voting
should be done on the proposition:

  "the Linux Tools project move from SVN to Git as soon as possible"

I'll tally up the votes at 22:00 UTC on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 (5
PM North America Eastern).  I guess my vote should be registered as +1.

Thanks and looking forward to a fun and productive 2011 for the Linux
Tools project,

Andrew

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/