Re: [linuxtools-dev] Integration of GDB Tracepoints in Linux Tools

> It would be great to use a checklist!

Here is a start
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/New_Subproject_Checklist
It's not complete but you can always tell me if I have misses smth.

> The TMF code currently sits in the LTTng sub-project (component? tool?).
>
> Here's the SVN location:
> dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.linuxtools/lttng
>
> The TMF plugins have the form: org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf*
>
> I uploaded some documentation a while ago and it can be found
> in org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf.doc (be aware that it is a bit out of date).
>
> TMF is far from completed and is still being actively extended by us and it
> is not yet ready for version 1.0.

If TMF is going to be used by more than one component it would be best to make
it toplevel component with it's own trunk/tags/branches.
I've looked and it doesn't make sense to merge with the profilingframework(not
stable enough), thus it would be good to keep the profilingframework separate
for now.

If noone objects I propose creating a
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.linuxtools/tmf? (are we
going to change the name?) and put tmf there.
Of course keep in mind the soon to come 0.7 release and commit things you are
not sure will be ready for it only in branches.

Regards,
Alexander Kurtakov