Re: [linuxtools-dev] liblttngtrace dependencies?

Can we get the wiki page updated then?

Thanks!
Anna.
On Oct 27, 2010, at 9:00 PM, Francois Chouinard wrote:

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Anna Dushistova (anna_dushistova@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi All,
> I had to build the lttngtrace the other day and I figured it required graphic libraries.
> Why would I need that if the whole UI level is in Eclipse?
> Is it possible to maybe split it into lttv-specific and generic parts so that I don't have to have this gtk dependency?

I guess you refer to the autoconf part.

The same source code is used for LTTv and the Eclipse integration. For Eclipse, you don't need the GTK stuff, so you should probably build that lib more or less as follows:

> cd <your liblttngtrace dir>
> ./configure --with-jni-interface --without-lttv (and possibly --with-java-jdk=<path to your JDK>)
> make

The 2 switches should take care of the dependency on GTK.

Regards,
/fc

I have not looked at lttngtrace jni interface packaging details, but
libltttraceread only depends on glib2.0, not gdk/gtk. So there should
not be any dependency on graphical libraries.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers