From: linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Liu
Sent: mercredi 22 septembre 2010 23:14
To: linuxtools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linuxtools-dev] gcov for library coverage?

I’m developing a C++ library, and it’s tested by a cppunit test program.

I wanted to use gcov to check for the library’s code coverage, but is it currently supported?

I added the –fprofile-arcs and –ftest-coverage flags to both the library and the test program. What I can see is a beautiful chart showing me the test program’s coverage. But how do I see the coverage for my library code?

When I select a .gcno file, and prompted for the binary file name, selecting the library binary file will give me an error

An error has occurred when parsing the coverage data files :

Checksums don’t correspond for _XXXXXX

Any clues?

Thanks

George