Re: [linuxtools-dev] Versioning plans for Helios SRs and Indigo

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How does everyone feel about this for a release schedule?
>
> - 0.6.1 August 13th (bug fixes for Helios)
> - 0.6.2 for Helios SR1 (September) (more bug fixes for Helios)
> - 0.7 for Helios SR2 (February 2011) (new/changed API, new features, etc.)

Looks good, I may suggest shooting for January to give some buffer
time to find any critical issues to spin a 0.7.X if need be.

> - 1.0 for Indigo (June 2011)
> -- potentially more new stuff from 0.7
> -- all API marked as provisional
> -- all bundles that are < 1.0 go to 1.0 and then move on their own based
>   on versioning guidelines (see below)

I'd also budget time to graduate (review process)... try to do it a
month earlier so you can spin any micro releases.

> - 1.x or 2.0 for Indigo+1 (doesn't have to be decided any time soon)

I'd suggest 2.0 for Indigo+1 to keep things moving forward while you
can. Once you have a large enough user base, you'll have to worry more
about maintaining branches. Another litmus test is to not do anything
unless someone explicitly asks for it.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk